A role of a person who handles the work of data entry involves entering data from various other sources into the computer for the purpose of processing it and management. The person doing a Data Entry Job must be efficient as the data provided by the company is often in bulk and really sensitive too. It comes on the company’s name if any jumbling of data happens as the data shared with the person is super confidential.
Also, the team and the people working on the data have to be really alert as the information is also used by other people and departments in the company so it comes on their head to be responsible for the data.
In data entry, you are required to copy and paste certain data but it isn’t that easy as it seems because the targets are quite high.
For example, A target of 100 entries is set in which the employee is given an hour break from his 8 hours.
Find the part time data entry jobs in mumbai.
Data entry work is required when someone wants to change a specific format of the given information or data. The prior data could be in the handwritten format, spreadsheet or even in the form of computer codes. Although the recruiter seeks out for undergraduates sometimes there are certain important conversions that have to be done really precisely and without any mistake.
There are a lot of companies in India whether big industries or small they prefer to hire an undergraduate for this role and many of them also hire High school pass-out students. As for Highschool students, it is a great opportunity to earn a few extra bucks while they are still studying.
It can be considered as a great opportunity if you land good data entry work as a part-time job but again if you are looking out for a full time, this field has not much to offer as such.
There are several types of data entry services in India and a few of them are listed below:
- Data Entry
- Product Data Entry
- Accounting Data Entry
- Manual Data Entry
- Handwritten Data Entry
- Advanced technology
- Data Capturing and Entering
- Online Data Entry
- Offline Data Entry
- Data Mining and Data Entry
- Insurance Claims Data Entry
- Remote Data Entry
- Numeric and Text Data Entry etc.
Data Entry duties and responsibilities of the job
The job and responsibilities of the data entry job are listed below:
- They are required to prepare and sort documents for doing the data entry work
- Entering data into database software and checking to ensure the accuracy of the imputed data.
- Resolving issues regarding information and gathering information for incomplete documents.
- They need to create data backups as part of their plan.
- Responding to various information requested by their other authorized members.
Data Entry job qualifications and requirements
A lot of companies do not require any formal education about the role of Data Entry. But there are certain skills and qualities that a person must have in order to efficient in their roles and duties. Therefore, anyone who wants to start their career in this field must have:
- Computer knowledge and should be familiar with various computer programs, for example, MS Office Excel, etc.
- Must be really detail-oriented
- Must know basic grammar and punctuation
- The person must be able to work under deadlines.
So, these are the qualifications and requirements required to do a data entry job.
Unlike many other online job search platforms, Receptix contains a database of thousands of jobs across various fields in India, USA, UK & Canada.