Although they are quite popular, even the best Chinese restaurant in Sydney is considered a place full of unhealthy takeout options. The cooking methods and rich sauces have high sodium, fat and calories. However, ordering Chinese takeout occasionally doesn’t have to disrupt your healthy eating plan. When you control portion sizes and give extra time to examine the menu, you can get quite healthy meals.
Choosing healthier takeout
- Survey different fine Chinese diners in Sydney: check out the many Chinese restaurants around your area and go through their respective menus. It is normal to find very identical menus but you might also discover some very healthy options on there. Stick to restaurants that serve more vegetable and steamed dishes or those who will substitute cooking methods. A lot of restaurants are offering options for people who want to lose weight, so check the diet-friendly or healthy section of the menu if any. Such menus will have healthier cooked food or reduced calorie meals.
- Start with soup: most of the top Chinese restaurants around Sydney offer soups on their menus. Your appetite and calorie intake can be curbed if you start off with a soup. A small cup of sour or hot soup comes with vegetables and has low calories. For a healthier choice, you can also ask for a low sodium soup.
- Skip fried, choose steamed: no matter the side dish or main dish you are going for, opt for the steamed version over the fried. This means an automatic slash in fat and calorie intake. Anything crispy has been fried and anything battered has a high fat content. From proteins to dessert, always go for the steamed option over the fried at a finest Chinese eatery in Sydney.
- Order vegetables always: with vegetables in your meal, you have a healthier, more nutritious meal with lower calories. This will increase the bulk of your meal and fill you up with vegetables. This is more fiber, fewer calories and more satisfaction per meal.
- Get brown rice: like we said before, many good Chinese eating-place in Sydney are catering for healthy eaters who want to lose weight and brown rice will probably be available as a side. It is complete whole grain, less processed and richer in nutrients like fiber, protein and more. It will have the same calories as steamed rice but the nutrients are more.
- Change cooking methods: you can have different healthy meal option at an excellent Chinese restaurant in Sydney but the method of cooking really matters. You can ask for your meal to be made with less butter, or for the rich sauces to be served on the side instead of in the food.
Chine food is loved all over the world and the high Asian population in Sydney makes the many Chinese restaurants normal. Because of the richness in Chinese cuisine, a lot of people assume it is impossible to get healthy takeout menus.
Following the guide explained above will help anyone choose healthy food from the best Chinese restaurants in Sydney.